Blind Dog Radio

80 Highway Blues by Son Bonds

Brownsville Son Bonds - 80 Highway Blues; Bonds, lead vocals and guitar in G position, standard tuning, Sleepy John Estes, backing guitar in G position, standard tuning.

INTRO

Sittin' down here, thinkin', yes, babe, I believe I'd better go
Sittin' down here, thinkin', yes, babe, I believe I had better go
You know, I believe I'll go down, that long, long old dusty road

Now, that 80 Highway, is the longest highway that I know
Now, that 80 Highway, is the longest highway that I know
Runnin' all the way from 'Frisco, Texas, 'way 'cross Atlantic on that other water coast

The church bell begin to tone, yes, some other good gambler's gone
The church bell begin to tone, yes, some other good gambler's gone
You know, I wouldn't hate it so bad, but that 80 Highway is so long

You women fuss and argue with your good man, when you know you don't do right yourself
You women fuss and argue with your good man, baby, when you know you don't do right yourself
You know, I'm gonna look for you at night, 'way down on 80 Highway with someone else

Yes, and if you get in trouble, call down to Clubhouse 45
Yes, if you get in trouble, call down to Clubhouse 45
Baby, and now you just open up my chifferobe, and you'll see where my dollar lies