WELCOME TO BLIND DOG RADIO

The roots of the blues from Mississippi Delta, Memphis, Saint Louis, Chicago ... Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Willie Dixon, Koko Taylor, B.B. King, Robert Johnson, Elmore James, T-Bone Walker, John Lee Hooker, and more ...

A Hard Pill To Swallow by Brownsville Son Bonds

A Hard Pill To Swallow - Brownsville Son Bonds. Bonds, vocal and lead guitar in G position, standard tuning, Sleepy John Estes, accompanying guitar in G position, standard tuning.

INTRO

It's a hard pill to swallow, fills my heart with pain
It's a hard pill to swallow, fills my heart with pain
Now, don't you hear me, people, I ain't no lyin' man

I woke up this mornin', I looked up at the sun, I thought about what my baby had done
That was a hard pill to swallow, it filled my heart with pain
Well, don't you hear me, people, I ain't no lyin' man

I went down on the corner, to the paper stand, I caught my baby making love with a man
That was a hard pill to swallow, it filled my heart with pain
Don't you hear me, people, I ain't no lyin' man

Well, the police walked up, and I didn't even run, now I'm serving my time, and my babe out havin' her fun
That's a hard pill to swallow, yes, it filled my heart with pain
Don't you hear me, people, I ain't no lyin' man

Well, when I was in prison, servin' my time, when I came back home, I heard a baby cryin'
That was a hard pill to swallow, it filled my heart with pain
Yeah, don't you hear me, people, I ain't no lyin' man