WELCOME TO BLIND DOG RADIO

The roots of the blues from Mississippi Delta, Memphis, Saint Louis, Chicago ... Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Willie Dixon, Koko Taylor, B.B. King, Robert Johnson, Elmore James, T-Bone Walker, John Lee Hooker, and more ...

Yo Yo Blues by Blind Lemon Jefferson

Yo Yo Blues (15665) - Blind Lemon Jefferson.
Richmond, September 24, 1929, Pm 12872,
E position and pitch, slightly #.

I would go yo-yoin' but I broke my yo-yo string.
I say, I would go yo-yoin' but I've broke my yo-yo string.
I believe my baby's goin' crazy, losin' her mind, Lord, the woman is goin' insane.

Don't a man feel bad when he can't yo-yo no more.
Don't a man feel bad when he can't yo-yo no more.
Broke my yo-yo string last night and I can't come home no more.

My sugar got ways, partner, I can't understand.
My sugar got ways, partner, I can't understand.
Leave me home in my bed, go yo-yo with some other man.

I love my yo-yo better than anything I know.
Man, I love my yo-yo better than anything I know.
I'm feelin' funny and foolish, I can't shake that thing no more.