Blind Dog Radio

Call Your Name by Walter Davis

Call Your Name - Walter Davis, Self-accompanied, piano.

Have you ever been low and d'spairin', mama, and you didn't know what was on your mind?
Have you ever been low and d'spairin', and you didn't know what was on your mind?
Lord, it hurt you so bad sometime, Lord, you just could keep from cryin'

The house where you are livin', it don't look right no more
The house where you are livin', it don't even look right no more
And you can't find no consolation, nowhere in the world you go

Then you wonder what did you ever do to make your poor heart ache and pain
What did you ever do to make your poor heart ache and pain
Lord, it hurt you so bad to hear somebody call Mr. So-and-so's name

I looked for you Sunday mornin', 'til Monday in the afternoon
I looked for you Sunday mornin', 'til Monday in the afternoon
Well, I hope you'll be here Tuesday mornin', hope you will be here Tuesday mornin' soon

If I don't never see you no more, please drop me a postal card
If I don't never see you no more, please drop me a post card
Lord, you know the way that you left me, mama, it almost broke my heart